Just Thankful . . .

I am sitting here in my garden room looking outside, it is a bit gloomy, windy and chilly. I actually have my heat on if you can believe that, since I live on the coast of North Carolina. It has been raining for the past 4 or 5 days and will continue to rain (according to the forecast) for the next 3 or 4 days. I can't complain though, my garden needed the rain. I know the Lord knows what He is doing and I am thankful that He looks out for me in everything that goes on in my life. This year has been a rough year for me, but I count it all JOY ~ because I know the Lord has a plan and a purpose for everything. I am the kind of person that I want to be able to do things now. I feel I am old enough and have been crafting for long enough that I should be able to do all this stuff I see other women doing who are much younger and much more inexperienced than I am. When I can't I get discouraged, frustrated and mad at myself. Anyone else been there? Well I was talking with the Lord and He reminded me to slow down, enjoy the rain, the opportunities He has placed in my life. Not to get frustrated, but to be thankful that I can even do what I am already doing and have accomplished in my life. So I have been really sitting back and rethinking where do I want to be in a year. What would the Lord have me do? Is it so important that I keep up the pace in my area of gifts and talents with other women or is it okay to just be me and enjoy who I am. Well I have decided . . . . . (drum roll please) to just be me and enjoy who I am and how I do things. Wow, did that take a bolt of lightening or what! Seriously though, sometimes we just take life to seriously and forget to see what the Lord has done and placed in our lives to make it enjoyable until He comes again. So on this rainy, gloomy Tuesday - just be thankful!

"The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!”

—Psalm 50:23

Comments

Anonymous said…
The rain has been good for my garden as well. I'm thankful for all of God's blessings in my life. It's ok to be just who we are. Do not worry about how other people will judge us, because that is between them and God, and we shouldn't let that affect us.

Enjoy Today!
Beth

Popular Posts